More information about the proposed new planning scheme can be found on the councils website at:
There is a fact sheet on the above linked page that provides information about sending submissions and what the submission should include.
In order to be considered a properly made submission, the submission must:
- Be in writing and, unless the submission is made electronically, be signed by each person who made the submission;
- Be received during the notification period;
- State the name and residential or business address of each person who made the submission;
- State the grounds of the submission and the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds; and
- Be addressed to the Whitsunday Regional Council Chief Executive Officer.
Please ensure your submission is readable, particularly your name and contact details.
Submissions can be emailed to:
Deadline for submissions is 16th October. We have confirmed with the council, you can also hand deliver a submission “You are more than welcome to hand deliver your submission. This will be taken by our Customer Service staff and delivered to our records department which will then be delivered to the Strategic Planning team for review.”
As a local rate payer, you can also contact your elected Councillors directly with your questions or concerns over this issue. Their email addresses are:
It is our understanding that 3 of the 7 Councillors are against the new plan. 4 Councillors who have historically voted together on previous issues are in favour. The plan could be accepted at the first council meeting after the deadline on 16th October. A majority vote (4 or more) is needed to approve the draft plan.
Also See:Sample Submission Letter